The conga-SA5 SMARC 2.0 modules are stuffed with the Intel® Atom™ processors x5‑E3930, x5-E3940 and x7-E3950 (for extended temperature range -40° C to +85° C), or with the Intel® Celeron® N3350E, J3455E or Pentium® N4200E CPUs.
The highly miniaturized conga-SA5 SMARC 2.0 Computer-On-Module is available with the following CPU variants:
The standardized M2 1216 interface allows the conga-SA5 Smarc 2.0 modules to be used in wireless IoT applications. Fast 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual band WLAN 802.11 b/g/n/ac plus Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) as well as additional NFC makes the conga-SA5 a perfect platform for user interface applications and mobile systems.
The conga-SA5 modules further offer 2x Gigabit Ethernet with hardware-based real-time support via Precision Time Protocol (PTP). Up to 128 GB non-volatile storage with powerful eMMC 5.0 interface allows short boot times and fast data load. Additional storage medias can be connected via 6 Gbps SATA and SDIO interfaces.
Furthermore the conga-SA5 offers 4 PCIe lanes, 2x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0, 2x SPI, 4x COM as well as two MIPI CSI camera inputs. Audio signals are carried via HDA.
The conga-SA5 modules support Windows 10, including the complete Windows 10 IoT range as well as Android for mobile solutions.
conga-SA5 block diagram:
conga-SA5 Benchmark Results (3D Marks):
- The Benchmarks for the Variants 050000, 050001, 050002, 050022 and 050023 were performed on Windows 10 64bit with conga-SA50 A.0 hardware and SA50r019.bin BIOS. The Benchmarks for the Variant 050024 were performed on Windows 10 64bit with conga-SA50 B.0 hardware and SA50r137.bin BIOS.
- Turbo mode was enabled all variants.
Recommended Development Tools:
conga-SA5 - Intel® Atom™ Commercial Grade Temperature Versions (0°C to +60°C)
- SA5/E3950-8G eMMC32 SPKL-AC - Intel Atom x7-E3950 with 1.6GHz up to 2.0GHz, 8GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC, onboard Sparklan WNSQ-261ACN(BT) Wifi/BT module. congatec p/n 50031
- SA5/E3950-8G eMMC32 - Intel Atom x7-E3950 with 1.6GHz up to 2.0GHz, 8GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC. congatec p/n 50000
- SA5/E3940-4G eMMC32 - Intel Atom x5-E3940 with 1.6GHz up to 1.8GHz, 4GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC. congatec p/n 50001
- SA5/E3930-2G eMMC16 - Intel Atom x5-E3930 with 1.3GHz up to 1.8GHz, 2GB LPDDR4, 16GB eMMC. congatec p/n 50002
- SA5/E3930-2G eMMC16 1xGBE - Intel Atom x5-E3930 with 1.3GHz up to 1.8GHz, 2GB LPDDR4, 16GB eMMC. Only one GBE. congatec p/n 50003
conga-SA5/i - Intel® Atom™ Industrial Grade Temperature Versions (-40°C to +85°C)
- SA5/i-E3950-4G eMMC32 - Intel Atom x7-E3950 with 1.6GHz up to 2.0GHz, 4GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC. -40°C to +85°C. congatec p/n 50010
- SA5/i-E3940-4G eMMC16 - Intel Atom x5-E3940 with 1.6GHz up to 1.8GHz, 4GB LPDDR4, 16GB eMMC. -40°C to +85°C. congatec p/n 50011
- SA5/i-E3930-2G eMMC16 - Intel Atom x5-E3930 with 1.3GHz up to 1.8GHz, 2GB LPDDR4, 16GB eMMC. -40°C to +85°C. congatec p/n 50012
- SA5/i-E3950-8G eMMC32 - Intel Atom x7-E3950 with 1.6GHz up to 2.0GHz, 8GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC. -40°C to +85°C. congatec p/n 50013
conga-SA5 - Intel® Pentium® and Celeron® Versions:
- SA5/N3350E-4G eMMC32 - Intel Celeron N3350E with 1.1GHz up to 2.3GHz, 4GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC. congatec p/n 50022
- SA5/N4200E-8G eMMC32 - Intel Pentium N4200E with 1.1GHz up to 2.50GHz, 8GB LPDDR4, 32GB eMMC. congatec p/n 50023
- SA5/J3455E-4G eMMC16 - Intel Celeron J3455E with 1.5GHz up to 2.30GHz, 4GB LPDDR4, 16GB eMMC. congatec p/n 50024
Please consider the different intended Use Conditions (source: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark.html) of the individual CPUs listed above when selecting a cpu for your application:
-the Use Conditions of the Intel® Atom™ E39xx CPUs are "Embedded Broad Market"
-the Use Conditions of the Intel® Pentium® N4200E, Celeron® N3350E and J3455E are "PC/Client/Tablet"
The Pentium® N4200E, Celeron® N3350E and Celeron® J3455E processors are e.g. NOT intended to be used in applications with 24/7 operation. Please do NOT use these processors in industrial or other mission critical applications!
SMARC 2.0 industry standard for miniaturized CPU modules
SMARC 2.0 is a new standard released by the Standardization Group for Embedded Technologies (SGET). With their numerous graphics, camera, sound, network and wireless interfaces, the SMARC 2.0 CPU modules are well suited for mobile systems as well as for networked multimedia platforms and a variety of other application areas where sophisticated graphics with low power consumption is required. This positions SMARC 2.0 precisely between the two established module standards COM Express and Qseven. Up to four video outputs are realized on the 314 pins of the SMARC 2.0 connector, positioning SMARC 2.0 for use in multimedia applications. SMARC 2.0 uses the cost-effective MXM 3 connector with 314 pins in 0.5 mm pitch. SMARC 2.0 provides the following interfaces for internal and external graphics outputs: Two Dual-Mode DisplayPorts (DP ++) for flexible connection of external displays via DisplayPort, HDMI or VG and 2x24 bit LVDS for the connection of internal displays. Alternatively, SMARC 2.0 also supports two independent Embedded DisplayPorts (eDP) or MIPI Display Serial Interfaces (DSI). In a specific area on the module, SMARC 2.0 defines locations for miniaturized RF connectors to enable wireless interfaces such as WLAN and Bluetooth. SMARC 2.0 also offers integrated support for digital cameras. For this purpose, two serial MIPI CSI (Camera Serial Interface) were implemented. SMARC 2.0 is defined for applications with low power consumption. The modules can be operated with 3.3V or 5V DC and provide all the signals needed for battery management.