For professional mobile computing applications, we realize rugged handheld computers, tablet PCs and notebooks - adapted to the requirements of the respective project - for use in professional applications indoors and outdoors.
Our mobile computers are based on powerful and energy-saving processors in different architectures (Intel x86, ARM, NVIDIA Jetson) and performance classes. Depending on the device platform and application profile, Windows, Android or Linux operating systems are used. Operation is via high-contrast, high-resolution touch displays. Almost all of our mobile computers are dustproof and waterproof and are tested for resistance to water, moisture, sand and dust, vibration, altitude, drop and temperature according to military standard MIL-STD 810 methods.
One of our core competencies is the modification of mobile computer systems in order to optimally adapt them to the specific requirements of our customers.
Depending on the requirements, we offer you both our own developments and robust tablet PCs, laptops and notebooks from well-known manufacturers. Since it was founded in 2010, MCTX Mobile & Embedded Computers GmbH has been working with various industry-leading providers of robust mobile computers and has since implemented a large number of customer projects with the robust tablets and handhelds.
In addition, we have the appropriate know-how and equipment to develop and produce customer-specific mobile computers for specific requirements. Our development department with its own SMD electronics production also realizes more special customer-specific requirements such as the integration of sensors and peripheral interfaces. In addition, we also offer the mobile computers preconfigured for specific customers and as a bundle with additional components.
Our team draws on many years of experience in the implementation of project-specific system solutions in a wide variety of application areas and offers its customers support in the implementation of highly innovative projects.
Our rugged mobile computers are used, among other things, as mobile data acquisition systems, diagnostic terminals and in a wide variety of applications in the fields of measurement technology, sensor technology, testing and validation:
- Quality management, service, maintenance and inventories in a wide variety of areas such as infrastructure, agriculture, forestry and industry
- Development, testing and validation of semiconductor components (e.g. LTE & 5G SoCs)
- Field testing, monitoring/screening and mapping of cellular and LPWAN networks
- environmental measurement technology and geophysical applications
- as diagnostic terminals for different machines, vehicles and devices
- as demonstration devices for peripheral hardware and mobile software applications
Robust Mobile Computers - Customized Solutions - also for smaller Quantities
With the right system concept, application-oriented solutions do not require large quantities.
Bridging the gap to conventional information technology contributes to cost-optimized solutions in many of our projects. Depending on the requirements of your project, we offer you an adapted version of a standard product, a customized solution based on modular function blocks or a completely customized development.
Our customers include companies, research institutes and other organizations that use our mobile computers to provide their teams with powerful tools to facilitate their work processes and to document the activities carried out.
Integration of peripheral hardware and sensors
Commercially available mobile computers today offer Ethernet, USB, WLAN and Bluetooth interfaces with which they can be connected to networks and commercially available (external) peripheral hardware. However, it often makes sense to integrate certain IO functionalities into the mobile computer system and to preconfigure frequently used functionalities in order to enable efficient use.
Our "Technology Kit"
- Implementation of customer-specific systems from concept development to series delivery
- Electronics development, 3D mechanical design (housing parts, cooling concepts, carrying devices, etc.)
- Integration of PCI Express and USB-based IO technologies
- Various interface cards for a variety of different sensors
- Digital IO, multi-channel ADC/DAC, optical interfaces, incremental encoder
- Fieldbuses (CAN, LIN, RS232, RS422/RS485)
- Wireless units for LPWAN and Near Field Communication (including LORA, My IOT, BLE, NFC, RFID, ENOCEAN, ISM, Z-WAVE)
- Positioning hardware (GPS and GNSS technologies, LIDAR, magnetometers, multi-axis accelerometers and attitude sensors)
- Integrated cameras and image processing hardware
- 2D Optical sensors, thermal imaging cameras
On request we offer you the following services:
- Conception and implementation of customer-specific system configurations according to the requirement profile
- Configurable standard configurations based on pre-qualified components
- In-house development and SMD assembly production of customer-specific printed circuit boards
- 3D design of housing components, mechanical modifications and rebranding of standard systems
- Assembly of customer-specific systems
- Configuration and installation of BIOS, operating system and software applications
- Software development (fully customized or based on existing modules)
- Delivery of preconfigured systems in customer-specific packaging including accessories such as cases, carrying devices, documentation, power supply units, external sensors, cable sets, etc.
Please feel free to discuss your requirements with us. Together we will develop a system concept tailored to your application.