The CEx7 LX2160A COM Express Type 7 CPU Computer-On-Module from Solidrun is based on the NXP Layerscape LX2160A platform which offers 16 Cortex A72 ARM Cores. The CEx7 LX2160A board features high computing and networking performance, connectivity options and high-end networking capabilities - making it the ideal platform for an almost endless variety of ARM based computing and networking solutions.
- COM Express type 7 form factor
- Based on NXP Layerscape LX2160A 16 Cortex A72 Arm processor
- Up to 100GbE (4 x SFP+)
- Up to 64GB DDR4 (64 bits wide)
- Full virtualization support
Feature Set Details
- Form Factor:
- COM Express type 7
- Processor Core:
- NXP Layerscape LX2160A (16 core Arm Cortex A72, up to 2GHz)
- 4 x XFI/RXAUI/SGMII – configurable SERDESs*
- 2 x SATA (Gen III) – configurable SERDESs*
- 18 x PCIe gen 3.0 (5 controllers) – configurable SERDESs*
- 1 x SGMII with built in phy
- Dual channel SO-DIMM DDR4; up to 64GB 3200MT/s
- ECC: optional
- eMMC: 64GB by default (up to 128GB)
- 64MB SPI memory
- 2 x SATA (Gen III)
- 4 x USB 3.0
- 6 x I2C
- SPI bus
- 2 x UART
- Security: NXP LX2160A Secure Boot
- OS Support:
- Linux kernel 4.14x
- Openstack compute node
- Temperature range: Commercial, Industrial
- 12V (9V-15V)
- 50W full system
- PCB Board / Module Dimensions (W x L)
- 125mm X 95mm
Key Features of the NXP Layerscape LX2160A CPU
The LX2160A multicore communications processor represents the highest performance member of the NXP Layerscape family. The LX2160A offers 16 Arm® Cortex®-A72 cores with datapath acceleration optimized for L2/3 packet processing, security offload, and robust traffic management and quality of service.
For Edge Computing, the NXP LX2160A processor offers outstanding computing performance with a powerful packet offload and Ethernet controllers. In one SoC device you can have high-end, high-speed communications, with low-speed peripherals such as sensors, and the computing power to process and act upon all received information.
Accoring to it's manufacturer NXP, the LX2160A 16-core 64-bit Arm processor is ideal for applications such as 5G packet processing, network function virtualization (NFV), white-box switching, high-processing industrial computers, machine learning, and smart Network Interface Cards. The high level of integration of the LX2160A SoC delivers significant performance benefits such as 100GbE, hardware L2 switching, DPAA2 with 100Gbps decompression/compression and 50 Gbps SEC, and multiple PCIe Gen4.0 and SATA controllers.
LX2160A CPU - Block Diagramm
This page contains information on a preproduction product. Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.